Sunday 26 January 2014

The avocado love affair!

Don't you just love avocado? I know I do!
So I dedicate this post to two of my favorite uses for this awesome fruit! (Yes it is classified as a single seed fruit. I didn't know either!)

And the best? 
If you love avocado it loves you right back! --------------->



1. Vegan spread!

I just love starting my day with avocado! You can also eat it for lunch or as a snack. But try this!
- Slices of bread
- A ripe avocado (or as many as you need)
- Slices of tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- Pepper
- Salt
- Lemon

Use as many slices of bread and avocado you need. Slice up the avocado and put on your bread. Do the same with the tomatoes. I like the slices not too thick. Then I squeezes some lemon on it (or from a bottle of concentrate) and sprinkle salt and pepper on. YUMMY!























2. In salads!

Oh, every kind of salad get's better! (In my opinion) Here are two of my favorites!


Colour-bomb-of-awesomeness

- Sweet corn (corn)
- Black beans (or kidney beans)
- AVOCADO <3
- Mango
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes (or dulcita)
- Fresh cilantro

You don't need any oils, it is A W E S O M E !


Yummy AND easy! 
Lots of colour is a sign it is HEALTHY!





















Avocado-symphony-in C (for cranberry)

- Fresh spinach (baby or big leaves)
- Avocado (oh yes!)
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried cranberries

If you want that salad with a twist I recommend some of these alternatives:

- Pomegranate
- Rice noodles
- Feta cheese (for the "meat-eaters" who wants "meatless mondays")

If you are vegan you can make your own feta cheese. Google it!


Add rice noodles & pomegranate for a change?
Avocado symphony of deliciousness























2 comments:

  1. And you can even grow a palm from the avocado seed....!!!

    http://instagram.com/p/Z2EVZuuhwB/

    ReplyDelete

Text Widget

Custom content